Thursday, March 20, 2008

Why this blog?

My name is Aaron D. Taylor and I'm the moderator of this blog. At the time of this writing, I've been to Pakistan twice and I've been itching to go back ever since. The last time I was in Pakistan was in April 2006 when I was there working on a feature length documentary called "Holy Wars." Since then, I've been in contact with at least three different ministries in Pakistan and each of them have sent me regular updates about their ministries along with stories of how their people are starving due to the severe discrimination that Christians face in Pakistan. Up until now I've felt pretty powerless about doing anything of significance to help my brothers and sisters in Christ in this troubled country. But a couple of weeks back an idea started brewing in my head. What if I could create a blog that allows Pakistani Christians to tell their own stories to the outside world? And then what if the blog became a well known hub for anything and everything related to Pakistan's Christians? Once the idea logged its way into my brain, I couldn't let it go. There are too many stories that need to be told. So there you have it! There are two assumptions undergirding the reason for why I started this blog. The first assumption is there are Pakistani Christians that want to tell their stories. The second assumption is there are Christians in the West that care. Only time will tell whether these assumptions prove to be true.

No comments: